Wednesday, September 16, 2009

We are alive.


Update/My trip home.

I (Katie) still do not have a job.
Layne is kicking achievement gap butt.
Francis the fish has decided to stop eating, which I think is a bad idea.
After several nights of sleeping in the bathroom Sophie the cat has decided not to wake us up at 2am, 3am, 4am and 5am.
We are now bike owners ($25 from salvation army)



Mom-in-law will be here Friday.
Mom will be here Oct. 1
Tracy will be here Oct. 29

Nesting still in process, more pictures of the house coming soon.
Speaking of nesting - I, after much bargain shopping training from my mother, purchased $360.92 of merchandise for $23.94!


I changed the layout... too girly?



I recently was home for a wedding, it was so good to see everyone and spend time with family. My trip was supposed to be a quick fly in and back out but since I still don't have a job I was able to stay a few extra days (thanks mom!).


Groucho's with the lovely clair bear and my favorite set of twins!

Graham came to grouchos too!


We went to Grahams house on Church St. AMAZING.



We headed on to Beaufort for the wedding and Clair decided that she now likes children.
She baby sat a bridesmaids baby during pictures and exclaimed " I put it to sleep!"


Bridesmaids!


Bride!

Clair and I drove back from Beaufort late and got pulled over, I may have been speeding just a little bit, the officer was very nice and as soon as he saw that my last name was Madden he started asking me if I am related to so and so. I told him that I am a new Madden and I am not sure who all of my new relatives are. He enjoyed our conversation so much that he told to have a great night and a safe trip... not even a written warning. This is small because I never told mom about this event. When we finally got home I slept in my old room and moms new office. The rest of the weekend was filled with girl time (movies, m&ms, cheetos and shopping) and Kitten sitting!!!

Meet Tumbo aka Bo


He is too cute and sooo teeny tiny.


Could not drive around Lexington without going to see this place -



Best day of my life was in this church almost 6 months ago.

Came home to my sweet husband and a clean house - he is amazing.
Back to the world of Job hunting and nesting and experiencing Denver.

This was one of our most recent experiences -


Tour de Fat.
(notice my Impala Lucy, getting a front row seat to the parade)
This pro Bike festival started with a parade. No Halloween I have ever seen compares to these crazy costumes. multiple hundreds, possibly thousands of bikes paraded down our street. Being very intrigued we decided to check out the rest of the festival. Live music, lots of food, and lots of recycling. It was crazy but fun! People here really love their bikes!

Thats all from me... I tell Mr. Madden to update on his 6th and 8th graders.

With much love,
The Maddens


0 comments:

Post a Comment